We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
259 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

Hi there, I'm relocating to Virginia in July and will be staying in temporary housing until we sell our house and permenantly relocate. I want to spend the first few months in Richmond, as my territory is charlottesville to VA Beach.

I'm looking for a month to month furnished apartment, or considering an extended stay hotel. What would you all recommend to help make my relocation easier?

Thanks in advance!

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

You can check citydata.com.

Also, Richmond Magazine publishes an annual sourcebook that is very helpful for newcomers. You can buy it on news stands if you are in the area. If not, go to Richmondmagazine.com for contact info to call them directly and order a copy. There is ample corporate and extended stay housing in Richmond.

You might also want to check

http://www.styleweekly.com/ and

http://rvamag.com/ for some local info.

This post might get removed as not being travel related, but I don't mind answering the question.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

Check out Craigslist - Temporary Housing

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
529 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

Just found intownsuites dot com they've got properties in and near Richmond. Can't vouch one way or the other.

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

I don't recommend intown suites dot com in Richmond. Although they have a property in a perfectly nice area, their particular property has horrible reviews and is not well regarded among locals. I have never stayed there. Maybe someone who has stayed there will have a different opinion.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

This Residence Inn is right off I-64, so it would be very convenient to your travels. You can also get to any part of Richmond very easily from this area. It's a relatively new property.

marriott.com/hotels/…

They have a good rate for 30+ days.

6. Re: Monthly Hotels or Short Term Furnished Apts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 14, 2013