We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van or bus from RIC to Charlottesville

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Van or bus from RIC to Charlottesville

Hi All,

Wondering if there is a van or bus service from Richmond Airport to Charlottesville? Thanks

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Van or bus from RIC to Charlottesville

There's no regular transportation service from RIC to anywhere, not even Richmond, except for a once-a-day bus to downtown. You can however, arrange for a taxi or limousine to take you there, but it will be expensive, since Charlottesville is 75 miles away.

Here's is the airport's info on transportation options:

www.flyrichmond.com/Load.php…

I notice that Groome has been replaced by a new limo service called CMC but I haven't used them. Groome is not very well-regarded, so perhaps that will be a good thing. The limo services charge by the person, so if you're a single traveller, the rate is comparable to a taxi ride, but if there's more of you, then a taxi is generally less expensive.

Personally, I've found these people to be reasonable and dependable, and they transport to the other areas with a reservation:

www.glenallencab.com/

Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Van or bus from RIC to Charlottesville

Thanks for your help. I think at this point I will rent a car. Last time we went by taxi from CHO to RIC (airline responsibility) it was $200! One way. We are spoiled in New England with a great bus (really a coach) service to Boston's Logan Airport, very inexpensive. But you have the better weather!

3. Re: Van or bus from RIC to Charlottesville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 am, June 22, 2013