We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Salisbury, North...
1 post
Save Topic
restaurants

Are there any restaurants within walking distance of the Staples Mill Richmond station??

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

I think Anthony and George's Steak House is still there. Check out the reviews under "Restaurants" on the left. Also, Dumbarton Square is a strip mall close to the station. I don't recall what restaurants are there, but you are bound to find something quick and casual. Maybe others can offer more specific advice.

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

There's a Shoney's on the corner of Staples Mill Road and Dumbarton...

There's a Wendy's across the street from that.

There used to be a good Chinese place at Dumbarton Square, not sure if it's still there.

I think there's a Martin's grocery store (used to be Ukrops) and they have a good deli with cafeteria style food.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

I recommend staying on the same side of Staples Mill Road as the station, especially after dark; it is very dangerous to try to cross Staples Mill on foot...it is a 6 lane highway with cars often travelling at high speed and not well set up for pedestrian traffic.

If you leave the Amtrak station and walk down to your right, there is a McDonalds. If you walk to your left, there is Anthony & George's Steakhouse right next door to the station, which is more of a old-fashioned diner type of place, then Dumbarton Square Shopping Center. In the shopping center, there is a Chinese place, called Top's...standard takeout with a few tables, a Pizza Hut, and a Mediterranean Deli (2M Deli). Shoney's is on the corner just past that at Dumbarton Rd. Pho 79 is across Dumbarton Road if you want Vietnamese. By that point, you've walked about half a mile.

4. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, November 22, 2012