We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Places to Stay in or Around Richmond

Coppell, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Places to Stay in or Around Richmond

Hi!

My wife & I are in our early thirties and are looking for a romantic B&B or hotel in Richmond or a surrounding area (within 2 hour drive).

We will be flying into Richmond the weekend of 12/19 (staying about 3 days) and are not familiar with the area at all. Just trying to use some airline miles for a last minute holiday getaway and thought this would be a great area in the Northeast to explore.

Any thoughts/ideas on places to stay & things to do would be sincerely appreciated!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Places to Stay in or Around Richmond

I'd recommend either Williamsburg or Charlottesville. Each is an hour or so away. Charlottesville has a number of nice places to stay and wineries to tour. Williamsburg also has some very nice B&B's, etc., and of course, Colonial Williamsburg. If your interests include history, Williamsburg gets the edge, although Charlottesville has Monticello and other historic sites.

Let us know more about your budget and interests, and we can help more.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Places to Stay in or Around Richmond

i might be a little late responding, but i can recommend a B&B in Richmond. Maury Place is located in the city and 1/2 block off of historical Monument Avenue. It's a beautiful property in a city setting. Richmond is a lovely and romantic place and the weather in December can be beautiful. While visiting, you can check out the fan district (lots of cool restaurants), take in a show at one of many venues-large and small, take a segway tour around Hollywood Cemetery, or take a walk down on the river. I don't think you need to go an hour away, when there's so much here.

3. Re: Advice on Places to Stay in or Around Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2010