We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best BBQ in Richmond??

Hershey, PA
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best BBQ in Richmond??

Any place you can recommend for the best BBQ?

Central VA
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best BBQ in Richmond??

I agree Buz and Neds is both good AND overhyped. It is a roadfood legend sort of place, and no longer do call ahead take out unless you know someone, apparently. They have been rude to me a number of times. Oh well. I am hooked on the beef ribs - I don't normally go for those but they are darn good, as are their spares. Very few places in Richmond do spares.

I haven't had a chance to try Q yet but it looks good.

Grandpa Eddies is pretty good, in the far west end.

For my money the best Q in the area right now is a guy who sells from a pit trailer on weekends across the street from Food Lion on Broad Street Rd. in Manakin/Sabot area.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best BBQ in Richmond??

Whaddya tryin' to start a fight??? Barbeque around here is like anything else, everyone has their own favorite. Bill's is a joke. Fastfood slop. Buzz & Ned's is good but overhyped, and you'll wait in line for awhile. Q is okay, wasn't overly impressed.

Benny's is my personal favorite. Small, local, dive-ish type of place with real Southaaahn waitresses and great food. The real deal. It's on the South Side of town.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best BBQ in Richmond??

As a former Richmonder I am now anxious to try these new names I am hearing. When I first moved to town from Memphis I was appalled at what passed for good pork barbeque in the area, but as is noted above Bill's was just about the only venue and that product was so "minced" (as in run through a food proccessor till Pablum!) that the taste was squeezed out. You have to hand it to him though, his restaurants have endred for generations - must be the limeade!

14. Re: Best BBQ in Richmond??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 29, 2010