We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fleafly2
5 posts
Save Topic
Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

Hi there

I'm visiting a friend of mine in Remuda Ranch adult program in Milford VA. I'm flying in from the UK and the closest I can get to VA is Washington. I'm then going to take a train down to Richmond.

I just need your help with a couple of queries. Is there good public transport from Richmond to Milford ie bus or train as I do not have a car? Where is the best place to stay in Richmond for about $100 a night? I was just thinking somewhere downtown and making the trip to remuda everyday.

Thanks in advance for amny help.

F

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

I'm sorry to say you have a zero chance of getting to Milford from Richmond without a car. This ranch is located in a rural area far from any public transportation. Fredericksburg is closer to Milford than Richmond, but you're still a good 30 minute taxi ride out to the Milford area. I don't see how it makes sense without a car.

My best suggestion is to reconsider your plans and let us know how we can help you.

Fleafly2
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

Thannks so much for replying so quickly.

I guess I should look into renting a car. I am just worried about driving on the other side of the road on my own not knowing the States very well.

I think I will change my reservation to Fredericksburg on your advice. Is it easy enough to get to Fredericksburg from WAshington? I see Amtrak have trains going through there.

Where would be a good place to rent a car in Fredericksburg? I guess I'm on the wrong forum for that one :).

thanks so much for your help much appreciated.

F

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

Instead of Amtrak, I recommend you look into Virginia Railway, which is a commuter railroad, with service from DC to Fredericksburg, since it will be significantly cheaper.

www.vre.org/

Thrify, Hertz, and Enterprise all have offices in Fredericksburg. You should be able to walk to Hertz from the train station in Fredericksburg, but they are usually more expensive than the others.

You'll find Fredericksburg to be a nice town; I hope you enjoy your visit. You can use Google to find plenty of reasonably-priced hotels in the area.

Fleafly2
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

Thanks for the advice you've been a great help. I better get planning this trip!

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

I don't know that there's a rental car location near the train station in Fredericksburg, but I would think Enterprise might pick you up at the station. At least that's what they advertise - that they pick you up.

6. Re: Remuda Ranch Adult Program Milford Virginia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 10, 2009