We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not use Groome Transportation

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Do not use Groome Transportation

Groome is a very unreliable service.They never have drivers ready for passengers and making a reservation essentially means nothing. I have tried three times to use this service only to get to the booth and not have any car or driver even though a "reservation" had been made. Then I was expected to ride and share a car with other patrons because there were not enough drivers even though I had asked for a private car. Take a cab or hire a real car service and save yourself the aggravation.

11. Re: Do not use Groome Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, December 19, 2009
williamsburg
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Do not use Groome Transportation

Worst service ever. The driver refused to let my littler girl out of the cab until she tipped him and they never responded when I called to complain. That's really, really bad. DISGUSTING ABUSIVE CORRUPT CAB COMPANY.

Mendecino
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do not use Groome Transportation

I have taken Groome many times as a business and leisure traveller. They have NEVER let me down so I am truly amazed by these posts. All my pick up times have been accurate - in fact if I have any complaint it is that they tend to arrive a little early!!! This track record is for the past 15 years so I think I have enough info. I would not use another service.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do not use Groome Transportation

SaltyTraveller, I see your location is Mendecino. Were your experiences with Groome in the Richmond, Virginia area?

Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Do not use Groome Transportation

I agree with the above low opinions. I called and made reservations and gave the operator specific instructions on how to get to our house and states that a GPS would not get you to our house. The driver called at the time he was supposed to be at our house to say he was lost. I was so angry because I had given them specific directions and told them they needed these directions to get to my house. So we were late for our flight. I do not recommend them. Also they charged us for each person in our family. Traditionally it's one charge for a group going from one place. Don't take Groome.

16. Re: Do not use Groome Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 15, 2010