We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat

los angeles
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
where to eat

Hi All:

My husband and I will be in Richmond at the beginning of October. I'm looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. He likes beef and I like fish; neither of us are big drinkers nor do we usually eat desserts. I'm thinking either Sensi or Old Original Bookbinders. I've been able to download the menu for Bookbinders (which looks fabulous!) but can't find a website for Sensi. Any insights?? Thanks for any and all input!!

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat

Either would be a very good choice. Both of them are better with seafood than beef. Sometimes Sensi has Kobe beef, but not always. Sensi's dishes are often Italian in inspiration, but it's nothing like your typical Italian restaurant. Their buffalo mozzarella (flown in from Italy) is to die for. Bookbinders is a branch of the original in Philadelphia. You won't go wrong with either, but personally, I prefer Sensi.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
274 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat

Both Bookbinders and Sensi are great. Another excelent option..Juleps. Near both of these places and has a little of everything..the food and chef are outstanding.

Another good option for seafood and they also do steaks..the Hard Shell on Cary Steet.

Cute place, nice location and outstanding seafood.

3. Re: where to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 05, 2009