We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convention n Richmond

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Convention n Richmond

I am in Richmond for a convention that will run through Wed., July 16. Are there any good restaurants within walking distance of HI Express or do we need to drive to get anywhere. (We had Beauregards Thai last night.)

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Convention n Richmond

There's a fairly new place called Cafe Rustica, that's very close to you, maybe 2 blocks away at 414 E Main St. They're open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I went there a few weeks ago, and found the Italian specialties better than the German ones. Service was a little slow, but I'm hoping that they are getting their act together. It's a very small place, but already popular; you may need reservations for dinner on the weekend. (804) 225-8811

A few more blocks away, there a couple of nice pubs in the area, if you're interested in that. Capital Ale House 625 E Main, and Penny Lane, at 421 E Franklin St.

If you're up for a little more walking, you can walk up to Broad St for a few other options, that are a little more upscale. Bistro 27, at 27 W Broad St is good, as is Comfort, 200 W Broad St. These are 7-9 blocks away.

Google any of these names with the word Richmond and you'll get more information. Hope you are enjoying the convention and your visit to Richmond.

2. Re: Convention n Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 06, 2009