We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4 in Richmond VA...

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July 4 in Richmond VA...

Hey,

We'll be in Richmond. and I red this post yestrday.

I need your help with Hotels near by, so we can walk and see it all.(fireworks, all day affair....)

Thank you, Eitan.

Two of Richmond's largest fireworks displays are both close to the same exit (Exit 78 - The Boulevard) from I-95. The postgame fireworks at the Diamond follows the Richmond Braves AAA International league game. The Diamond is located 1/2 mile south of I-95 on The Boulevard. There are several hotels in that area. The game sells out months in advance, but you should be able to witness the fireworks from anywhere in the general vicinity. Approximately 3 miles south of I-95 on The Boulevard is Richmond's main 4th of July celebration at Dogwood Dell. Dogwood Dell is part of Byrd Park if you are looking at a map. It is an all day affair, with bands, a carillon concert, picnics and of course the fireworks display (usually around 9 PM). The only drawback is that the location is surrounded by narrow residential streets and is attended by up to 10,000, so: 1) you may have to park up to a mile away and 2) there is a major traffic jam after the show.

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4 in Richmond VA...

My suggestion would be to stay somewhat close to both attractions and take a cab, staying outside of "downtown" may be a cheaper option. There really aren't any hotels within close walking distance to Dogwood Dell and I'm not too sure how the hotels are around the diamond...they have never looked that great to me

Enjoy yourself! The fireworks are wonderful at both places!

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4 in Richmond VA...

The Holiday Inn-Richmond Central on North Boulevard is very close to the Diamond, and about 2 1/2 - 3 miles north of Byrd Park, where Dogwood Dell is located. This is a nice hotel, and it's where I put my family up whenever they're in town. It's a good central location for doing anything in the Richmond area, if you've got a car.

As the previous poster said, the park is located in a residential neighborhood and there are no hotels in that area. Most people who are not walking there are driving to get as close as they can, and parking on the streets. It's a fun day.

3. Re: July 4 in Richmond VA...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 27, 2009