We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Race Weekend

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Race Weekend

My Boyfriend and I will be visiting Richmond the weekend of May 3rd for the Nascar race. I was just looking for some good places to eat or visit. We have all day Friday and Friday night to do something as the race is not until Saturday night. Neither one of us has been to Richmond before. We pretty much like everything food wise. I know that's vague, but it's so true. We would like to try some restaurants that are unique to Richmond.......nothing we could eat here in Tampa. Our budget would be up to $60 a person. Any cool places to hang out........bars? We are both in our mid 30's. Also, we like museums, history, ect.......Anything unique to Richmond. Thanks in advance for all your help! :o)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Race Weekend

I hope I'm talking to a fellow Bucs fan; if not that's ok. *smile* There is plenty of history in Richmond. So you should find something that appeals to you. Museums - The Valentine Museum, The Science Museum, Va Museum of Fine Arts. You probably want to check out either Carytown or Shockoe Slip/Shockoe Bottom for hanging out and bars. Toad's Place is a music venue, but it's a bar with live music as well. These areas also have restaurants. Not sure what type of cuisine you're looking for, but you should find many options that aren't in Tampa. BTW, I'm a Bucs fan almost since they started so I'm partial to Tampa. Have a great trip.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Race Weekend

Thanks for responding! I'm a die hard Buc's fan!!! I grew up in Plant City just east of Tampa so I've always been a Bucs fan. It's sacreligous in my family if you're not a Gator fan and a Bucs fan! LOL Hopefully we have a better season this year. I took my kids to the playoff game we lost to the Giants last season........it was a long day! :o) Have a great day, and thanks again for the info on Richmond!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Race Weekend

Hope you enjoyed the race. Go Bucs!!!!!

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Race Weekend

I really didn't! I'm a die hard Earnhardt Junior fan! :o) No, I'm only kidding I am a die hard fan, but it was still a lot of fun. I didn't get to see too much of Richmond though. We did go to Carytown and eat at Weszie's Kitchen. It was really good. It was a cute little area. Thanks for all the info!!! :o)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Race Weekend

I'm a Jr. fan as well and was very disappointed that he was wrecked (I think purposelly). Glad you enjoyed Weezie's Kitchen which I failed to mention when I told you about Carytown. I love their food. Take care and glad you made it back to Tampa safely. Hope to be down to catch a game or two this season.

6. Re: Race Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 26, 2009