We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late night transportation from airport to hotel

Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
late night transportation from airport to hotel

I'll be flying in from overseas in August and one of the suggested flight plans stated an 11pm arrival time. What are the options for transportation at that time? Would it be difficult to get a taxi to the hotel (Crowne Plaza at Canal Street)?

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: late night transportation from airport to hotel

When you walk out of the airport at the baggage claim area, look for a stand for Groome Transportation. They are there with cars waiting until after the last plane is in for the evening. I have used them on arrivals later than yours without a problem. No reservations are required. Google Groome Transportation if you want to contact them for prices, etc, but you will have no problem getting to your hotel, which is in downtown Richmond.

Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: late night transportation from airport to hotel

Thanks a lot! If I arrive at a more 'normal timing" (say 3pm), would it be better to take a taxi or use the same service?

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: late night transportation from airport to hotel

There would definitely be more taxis available at 3 PM than 11PM. I have seen taxis at 11PM, but you can't depend on that like you can depend on Groome. A service like Groome charges by the zone, and you may have to share the ride with others. From the airport to downtown, they quoted me $17.75 for one person. A taxi, on the other hand, charges by actual mileage, with usually only a small surcharge for an additional person. It would be roughly $24.00 from the airport to downtown depending upon time of day for a cab (more expensive late at night), for one person, add a dollar or two for additional people. So for 2 people a cab would be cheaper.

If you're a larger group, Groome has vans, so you could all travel together, if all could not fit in one cab.

If you want more information from Groome, their email address is:

reservations@groometrans.com

4. Re: late night transportation from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 31, 2009