We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to drive along coast from Cagliari to Cala Gonone?

Alexandria...
2 posts
Save Topic
How long to drive along coast from Cagliari to Cala Gonone?

If I take SS125 along the east coast of Sardinia from Cagliari to Cala Gonone, how long will it take? Is the road in good condition/safe?

Google maps says it takes only about a half hour longer than taking the big highway (E25) through Oristano and then cutting back east, but I just want to confirm with somebody who actually knows the roads. The coastal route sounds nicer, so I'd like to take it as long as it's not too long of a trip.

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to drive along coast from Cagliari to Cala Gonone?

Use the more local name of SS131 rather than E25.

Cala Gonone via the SS131 is an easy to drive 3 hours, much of it on dual carriageway and open country roads.

Via the East coast it takes about 3 and half hours if taking the 'fast' road to Muravera or at least 4 and half via the coast road to Villasimius.

East coast route is far, far more scenic but is a much harder drive due to the amount of single lane, twisting mountain roads. I wouldn't take the East coast if you are in a hurry - too easy to get stuck behind the blasted snail paced mobile homes/ caravans that blight Sardinia in the Summer :(

2. Re: How long to drive along coast from Cagliari to Cala Gonone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 15, 2013