We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from trani to andria by bus

Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
Travel from trani to andria by bus

Hi all,

In july I will stay for two days in Trani and I am thinking about visiting Castel del Monte from there.

I will be using public transport and already did some investigation. There should be a bus (STP) from trani to andria but I cannot see where it stops in andria. Is this close to the trainstation from where I can take a bus to Castel del Monte?

Thanks in advance,

Jurriaan

5 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,543 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel from trani to andria by bus

The station is in Piazza Bersaglieri d'Italia (Via Padre Nicolo Vaccina) in the town centre. I believe the STP stop coming from Trani is at the Ipercoop supermarket. at the Mongolfiera Andria shopping centre off Via Barletta : www.e-coop.it/StoreLocator/dettaglio.jsp… - this is on the edge of town but if by any chance the bus continues down Via Barletta, there may be a stop closer to the station at the junction with Viale Venezia Giulia.

If not, the Ipercoop stop is also served by local (urban) buses, and line 5 would take you to the station: http://www.autolineeandriesi.it/linee.html

The timetable for the bus from Trani is on p. 13 of http://www.stpspa.it/images/stories/ORARI%20Inv.li%202014%20(agg.%2019-05-14).pdf - which also gives contact details for STP.

Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel from trani to andria by bus

Thanks for the quick reply and the link to the timetable. It helps me a lot.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
445 reviews
424 helpful votes
3. Re: Travel from trani to andria by bus

Hi Jur V Did you manage the bus from Trani to Andria and Castel de Monte? Could you advise where you caught the bus in Trani and was it easy to get the connecting No 6 bus in Andria to the Castel. Did you have a long wait for the return bus?

Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Travel from trani to andria by bus

Hi, I did manage to get there. Right outside the train station is a busstop where you can catch it.

You need to buy a ticket in advance at a bar tabacchi. When we arrived at castel del monte the driver told me when the next bus would get there. I was able to plan everything without waiting too long.

Good luck and enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
445 reviews
424 helpful votes
5. Re: Travel from trani to andria by bus

Thanks Jur V

Reply to: Travel from trani to andria by bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trani