We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan airport to hotel---can I take the T?

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
greensboro nc
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Logan airport to hotel---can I take the T?

Hello--I will be visiting Cambridge and staying at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge. Can I take the T from the airport? If so, which line? The hotel is on Memorial Dr. Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logan airport to hotel---can I take the T?

I really think to get to this Hyatt, your better bet is to spring for the taxi. Here's some information from the Hyatt's website:

Airport Transportation-Taxi:

Taxi transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to airport. Taxi is approximately $35.

Airport Transportation-Subway:

Subway (7 stops): 1.5 miles from hotel (taxi available)

Above Ground: BU Central (Green Line), 7 Stops

Underground: Harvard Square or Kendall Square Red Line

Subway is $1.25

Also you can go to www.mbta.com and plug in your info under trip planning. You would have to take the Silverline to South Station, get on the Red Line to Kendall, pick up a bus to Amesbury and Vassar and then walk 1/4 mile.

Lemont, il
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan airport to hotel---can I take the T?

No, the T will only take you as far as Harvard Square, you can take a cab from there though to save some money. It is the red line that goes to Harvard, you will have to take the shuttle from the airport to the blue line and then transfer over to the green line and then to the red line. We stayed at the Hyatt on Memorial Drive and the cab fare to the airport from there was 34.00. Hope that helps.

Bronx, TN
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan airport to hotel---can I take the T?

If you plan on taking the T and then a taxi, you'd want to take the Red Line to Kendall Square, not Harvard. You'd save time and money, since Kendall is closer to the airport and closer to the hotel.

Or you could take the CT2 bus from Kendall to the hotel, if its schedule works for you. See mbta.com/traveling_t/… . It only runs on weekdays, and only until about 7 pm. Make sure to ask the driver for the Memorial Drive stop, since its stops are far apart. If you take the bus *to* the subway, you can pay $1.25 and ask for a free transfer to the subway. But I think there's no free transfer from the subway to the bus, so you'd need to pay $.90 when you get on the bus (exact change only, but dollar bills are unofficially accepted in the slot in the farebox).

Bronx, TN
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan airport to hotel---can I take the T?

If you plan on taking the T and then a taxi, you'd want to take the Red Line to Kendall Square, not Harvard. You'd save time and money, since Kendall is closer to the airport and closer to the hotel.

Or you could take the CT2 bus from Kendall to the hotel, if its schedule works for you. See mbta.com/traveling_t/… . It only runs on weekdays, and only until about 7 pm. Make sure to ask the driver for the Memorial Drive stop, since its stops are far apart. If you take the bus *to* the subway, you can pay $1.25 and ask for a free transfer to the subway. But I think there's no free transfer from the subway to the bus, so you'd need to pay $.90 when you get on the bus (exact change only, but dollar bills are unofficially accepted in the slot in the side of the farebox).