We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Broadway/Tremont Street to Central Square T

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Walking from Broadway/Tremont Street to Central Square T

We will be staying at a B&B near Broadway and Tremont. We won't have a car and will be using the Central Square T as our mode of transportation during our visit.

We plan on going into Boston on the T each morning for tourist stuff. We will head back to our B&B to freshen up before heading back into Boston for to dinners. We will be walking back from the T around 9 or 10pm after dinner.

How is the walk between these 2 addresses? It's probably about a 10 min walk. Is it safe - especially at night?

Thanks in advance for any info. After reading some more on the Central Square T and possible sketchy neighborhood, I now have doubts that I made the right choice of the B&B.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
1. Re: Walking from Broadway/Tremont Street to Central Square T

I'm familiar with that area and don't think twice about walking there alone, personally. It's not like you will be out at the dead of night; people's nights are often just beginning at that time. Using the word "sketchy" to describe Central Square is pretty subjective and based more on what people are used to/comfortable with.

There are some great restaurants in Central Square (Craigie on Main, arguably one of the best in the area, Rendezvous, Cuchi Cuchi) and you are probably closer to Inman Square, which also has some good places to eat (East Coast Grill, Tupelo, North by Northeast among others). Lots of bars in both neighborhoods.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
18,692 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Walking from Broadway/Tremont Street to Central Square T

That area is fine. If it's late at night, stick to the well trafficked streets (Prospect to Harvard St. or Broadway will work just fine). I would feel fine walking it as a single woman.

Norfolk St might also be well-trafficked. I'm just not as familiar with that street at night.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
98 posts
3. Re: Walking from Broadway/Tremont Street to Central Square T

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like we should be fine.

4. Re: Walking from Broadway/Tremont Street to Central Square T

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 16, 2012