We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
927 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

Going to be staying at Best Western. They advertise near the T line. What stop on the t line is it. I assume it's on the red line. Will be planning to go to Tufts on Sunday am. Does the t line run regularly then, Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

The closest stop is the Alewife Red-Line Station, which is about a 1/4 mile walk away. The T does run on Sundays, but it's a "Sunday Schedule", so the trains don't run as often but they are regular.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

It's about a 10-minute walk from Alewife station. The T starts running at about 5 am, though service is a little more sporadic on Sundays.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
927 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

I should have asked earlier, is there sidewalk from the MTA to the Best Western? I'm thinking some parkways don't have sidewalks. Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

I've never personally walked it, but I do believe there's a sidewalk. And there is a traffic light to cross over the Parkway to get to the T Station. It's certainly not ideal, but should work. Is staying Downtown out of the question?

Edited: 7:58 pm, March 24, 2011
Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

Yes, I've walked from the movie theater near that hotel to the T before. There's a sidewalk.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

Just be careful when crossing over. There are a few tricky intersections.

7. Re: Tstop near Best Western on Alewife Brook Pkwy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 28, 2012