We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambridge mass

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
426 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cambridge mass

We are coming to Cambridge in early february- any ideas for great but not too expensive food? We like italian and most everything else except japanese food- Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambridge mass

Good morning Algo14,

You will get a lot of suggestions and opinions here I'm sure because Cambridge is filled with some wonderfully different restaurants.

One of my favorites and it's been very consistent and good for many years is "La Groceria" Italian Restaurant located at 853 Main St. in Cambridge. It's one restaurant that you won't be disappointed in, it's unbelievable there.

If you're in Harvard Sq. which I'm sure you will be, there's Henrietta's Table at 1 Bennett St. in the Charles Hotel. It's GREAT there! I wouldn't go to Harvard Sq. without going there at least once! You won't even feel as if you're in a hotel once you're inside! Breakfast or Brunch is incredible there as well as Lunch or Dinner. You will really like it there.

There's an Elephant Walk in Cambridge located at 2067 Mass. Ave. that has dinner every night from 5 to 10. There's one located on Beacon St. in Boston as well as in Waltham. You can look online at their menu if you want. It's basically vegetarian Cambodian with a French twist, it's wonderful there. A friend of mine is taking a cooking class with Nadsa in February; it's her "Grand Opening Acts" class and it's on appetizers, it should be a fun class!

Other than that, there's quite a lot of interesting restaurants, shops and bistros to hit, you're going to really love Cambridge! Enjoy your visit.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambridge mass

A few more that I forgot about...

The Legal Seafood in Kendall Sq. in Cambridge is without a doubt my favorite Legal's anywhere. If you like seafood and atmosphere then go to this one. We will drive down from New Hampshire sometimes when we crave something from Legal's and go to this particular one! It's located in Kendall Sq. at 5 Cambridge Center and there # is 617 864-3400.

Right before Christmas my friends and I had reservations for "Rialto's" just across the lobby from Henrietta's Table in the Charles Hotel. The chef is Jody Adams and her specialties are Spanish, Italian and French. You will really enjoy it there if you can get reservations; may be after the 1st of the year it will slow down, we had to make these reservations over 2 months ago! We had the table at a window that overlooked the ice skating rink; it was in the prettiest dining room! It's a little expensive there of course; but with us, we only do it up like this for Christmas so we can check out these type of places! We've been to some interesting restaurants through the years this way, let me tell you! You can see the menu at www.rialto-restaurant.com to see it for yourself.

Enjoy your visit!

nj
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambridge mass

sandrines is excellent(french). Harvest is also nice but on the expensive side. I heard that Iruna (spanish) is very good and reasonably priced. For a great hamburger, not much atmosphere, there is mr. and mrs. Bartleys. Pho Pasteur is also great (Vietnamese)