We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homewood Suites in Cambridge-what is the hotel/area like?

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Homewood Suites in Cambridge-what is the hotel/area like?

I will be staying at the Homewood Suites in Cambridge/Arlington during the marathon. Can anyone tell me anything about the hotel itself or the area?? Can you actually walk to the Alewire T stop or is it too far?? I've heard conflicting reports. Also, how long would it take to get to Boston Commons from the hotel using public transportation?

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Homewood Suites in Cambridge-what is the hotel/area like?

SapphireBoston, you said the area is "safe". How late is too late to be out walking or riding the T in the areas you told me about? Thanks.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Homewood Suites in Cambridge-what is the hotel/area like?

From Massachusetts Avenue, the bike path goes about 2 km into Somerville (passing by Davis Square T station on the way, as I mentioned).

Going in the other direction, the path is only about 1 km, but it connects with the Minuteman Bikeway near Alewife Station. The Minuteman is a great path that goes 17-18 km out into the suburbs of Lexington and Bedford. Check http://www.minutemanbikeway.org/ for more info.

13. Re: Homewood Suites in Cambridge-what is the hotel/area like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 20, 2009