We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

Fort Campbell...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

We are looking for a hotel with a large conference area for a company training weekend and I need some suggestions. It needs to be a place where families and singles can have fun. It also needs to have a large conference room for our training & a Banquet facilities for our group banquet.

I'm not looking for an inexpensive place - it needs to be a first class type of place.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53,460 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

…crowneplaza.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

Wauconda, Illinois
Level Contributor
985 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

I second Dave. I can't think of any other place in Springfield that has as good of convention facilities besides the Crowne Plaza. The only other option may be using the Prarie Capital convention center and then having your people stay at the Hilton. The Crowne Plaza is definately a much better choice.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
392 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

I third the Crowne Plaza. Location isn't the best for night life and activities but I assume the conference is number 1 priority and it is the best for that.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
643 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

In addition to the above comments, it's very easy to access from Interstate-55.

I-55 to the Stevenson Drive exit.

Right onto Stevenson...first opportunity turn right onto Dirksen Parkway (if you were southbound on I-55, it's the first light...if you were northbound, it's the second). Crowne Plaza is maybe a half mile on your right.

There's a small shopping center nearby, also a variety of chain restaurants..IHOP, Hooters, Applebees, Panera, McDonalds, etc.

Historic sites are not far by car.

If you have attendees who may be looking for a place to stay that's priced more economically, there's a Microtel across the street, Drury Inn, Pear Tree, Days Inn, and Signature all within a couple of blocks.

5. Re: Suggest a Hotel w/ conference ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 23, 2009