We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

Stockport, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

any decent bars in sissi harbour that do great food i hear the pink flamingo is worth a shout

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

Pink Flamingo isn't one of my favourites but each to their own!

There are many taverna's that will provide you with the "great good" you are looking for.

Spend a while reading some of the many reviews on offer here in TA.

Bars tend to sell drinks in Crete unlike the UK with food being offered in a taverna or kafenion.

Enjoy Sissi!

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
405 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

You're right Tynecastle. Pink Flamingo was the only dinner (of 21 dinners last June) we were disappointed.

Just try Neromilos, Liofito, Menios, and Edem and take a drink before or afterwards at or nearby the harbor. Pink Flamingo isn't at the harbor either.

Have a great stay in Sissi, we loved it and will come back next year!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
23,708 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

Like truus we ate away from the harbour as well and would also add San Paramithi to their list of places to try....for a cheap lunch or anytime really Stam Stam is great. Bar wise put The Jolly Roger on your list to visit.

northumbria
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

Hi Neil, all the bars around the harbour are beautiful to sit and watch the sunsets, there are plenty to choose from. The pink flamingo is to the south of the reset leading away from the harbour and we sort of dismissed this area. As others have said, to eat out neromilos and Liofito are the best bet, they are on the road leading out west of sissi and well worth the walk. Go up past the Maria hotel, a couple of fields and you're there. Just jealous I'm not there myself this year, you will love it I'm sure x Karen

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

Enjoy Sissi, we all do !!

Bars for relaxing have to be Ormos in the harbour, top of my list.

Bars for entertainment and atmosphere has to be Jolly Roger.

Restaurant in the harbour has to be Avra.

Best place to eat north of harbour has to Neromolis by far.

Best place west of harbour has to be Edem.

Depending where you are staying, most of the hotels have great bars and some even do great food, you won't go hungry or not find your own perfect bar.

These are just my preferences, but haven't actually find anywhere I would recommend avoiding.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
23,708 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

p.s. San Paramithi is on your left before you reach Liofito's......also although we didn't rate Pink Flamingo it would be a real shame to miss that part of the village as there are a couple of nice bars as well as the fabulous and great value for money Edem Taverna as well as Anixi Beach Bar which is a great spot to watch the sunset......actually just a great spot full stop :-)

Stockport, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

nice one cheers staying in the zygos apartments aparently not so good but 7 nights for 3 of us = 550

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

Zygos are ok from what I'm told, great position, turn right out of them and 200 yards up on the left is taverna edem, fantastic quality food and very low prices, don't order starters or dessert unless you have a massive appetite .

Just before you get to edem , the last turn on the right, turn down there , down to the sea and on the left is the anixi apartments, lovely bar to chill in.

You are opposite the best supermarket in town.

If you want a change of pool. Turn left out of zygos, head towards the harbour, before the hill you will see the signs for the MariGianna on he right, great pool open to the public.

Stockport, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

brill thanks .. shall defo take your suggestions on board

10. Re: so excited to be going to sissi on sept 10th 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, September 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sissi