We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another spending money question, sorry

6 posts
Save Topic
Another spending money question, sorry

Hi all.

Off to Sissi on friday with the wife. We are there for 7 nights on a B&B basis.

I am going fishing at least once we will obviously have to eat out every night and I would like to rent a bike that will carry two people.

I only have £400 for spending money, do I need to beg steal and borrow a little more?

Regards

Jez

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Another spending money question, sorry

When I first went to Crete 20 years ago gyros with everything in them (including chips) were the equivalent of 40p each Jock. ;o)

Hsppy days!

Edited: 4:14 am, July 30, 2013
london
Level Contributor
182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Another spending money question, sorry

On our honeymoon in Andros 14 years ago. Mr Geordiepants and I budgeted £50.00 per day between us and we used to spend only £30.00 a day all in ie 2-3 meals out a day, drinks, food for the fridge, buying any after sun etc etc. He kept saying what a Metaxa, hic, hic , is only 100 drachs - remembering that at around this time you could get up to 500 draxs to the pound! Now he is more likely to say "HOW MUCH" but if you love Greece like we do, we still keep going back and to hell with the cost but yes we have added a goodly bit extra on to this year's budget for Sissi compared "to the good old days".

However agree with poster who mentioned Stam's good food and reasonable price and Sissi is cheaper than some of the Islands we have visisted in recent years. Enjoy I am sure you will be fine and find that one day you splurge and another you spend much less!

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Another spending money question, sorry

If you have lunch at Stam Stam every day and evening meal at Edem, you will come home with 300 euros lol and a very full stomach.

Enjoy Sissi

m/cr
Level Contributor
65 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Another spending money question, sorry

must try menios,free starter,free afters,free raki and main meals from around 6 euros,large beer 2.50,glass wine,1.50,its all good.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,544 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Another spending money question, sorry

Gyros at Stam Stam is 3 Euro's 8-) (San Paramithi and Edem's main courses start just over 4 euros and even their specials are only 5/6 Euro's, even if just having an afternoon beer San Paramithi give complimentary meze's and Edems complimentary chocolate cake and ice cream is just delicious :-) )

16. Re: Another spending money question, sorry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, August 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sissi
Recent Conversations