We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertaining the kids

Which Omaha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Entertaining the kids

The kids (8, 8 and 3) and I are tagging along with my husband for a few days on business. I am looking for suggestions on entertaining them while he is busy and maybe ideas on where to stay. He is traveling around so we are not limited to a particular area.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Omaha
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertaining the kids

You are not clear on what time of year you are visiting, but of course if the weather is nice that will change your options.

First off I assume you will have a car. With 3 kids to handle, I would suggest you stay in a West Omaha suburban location for safety and ease of parking and getting around. Maybe one of the nice new hotels in LaVista like the Embassy Suites conference center or surrounding places ( Hampton Inn and Suites LaVista and the Courtyard ) - right off I80 and very convenient.

TripAdvisor has a nice collection of Omaha attractions :

tripadvisor.com/…TtD

The Doorly Zoo and the Children's museum always pop up as primo kids attractions.

There are some nice parks if you want to air them out - Chalco Hill recreation area - Walnut Creek Lake in Sarpy county - they have playground areas.

Some evening activities might be the ' Amazing Pizza Machine '' in the millard area and the Family fun center. Those can be Googled for more information.

2. Re: Entertaining the kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 13, 2015