We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
102 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

I'm looking for a very comfortable place for a week-long personal working retreat in or near Omaha in early November. A nice hotel room with a good desk and excellent internet access, with either a very good restaurant or near restaurants. Spa services too, hopefully. Or even a dedicated spa resort. Is there anything like this within a half day drive of Omaha? Hard to believe there isn't.

Thanks!

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
45 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

Have you checked out the Lied Lodge in Nebraska City?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

Well believe it, this is not a luxury resort area! LOL The Lied center as mentioned is nice but not near any restaurants other than what is on site its kind of in the middle of nowhere.

That being said - look up these places here on the Trip Advisor Hotel section and see if they might be what you are interested in:

Element Omaha

Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Hilton Omaha ( 1001 Cass downtown )

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

Within a 1/2 day drive, you might look into the Elms near Kansas City. I 've never stayed here .. and my exposure is limited to recent TV ads being run in the Omaha area.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
102 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

Thanks for this suggestion. I am now at Lied Lodge and it's just perfect. I never would have found it without your help. Thank you.

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
45 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

I'm glad you liked it! We've stayed there on a few occasions for a short trip away, and we've always been happy. It's a nice, quiet place to get away.

6. Re: Place for a luxury retreat in Omaha or nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 08, 2014