We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

Which Omaha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perry, Iowa
Level Contributor
35 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

We plan on staying four nights in Omaha in August. I was checking hotels online and saw that we could get rooms for $59 per night at the Ramada with the CoCo Key Resort. I tried to call the hotel several times this morning, but I have not been able to get through to a live person so I could ask this question: Is the water park free for hotel guests or do we have to pay an extra fee for the water park? $59 per night seems too good to be true IF it comes with the water park. Since NO ONE answers their phone, I am getting frustrated and leaning towards another hotel, but I thought I would ask the knowledgeable TA members. Thanks!

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
162 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

I think the water park is extra, thought I had seen that somewhere on TA.

This hotel had a TA File under a previous name, and I can’t find it now…, there were a lot of mediocre to poor reviews a year or two ago.

Most of the properties are poor choices in this area, it is in flux, always changing names, not maintained, cleaning substandard. I wouldn’t want put my kids in the rooms due to cleaning and the type of people who pay $59 a night…

This is what I did find.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60885-d91507-R…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60885-d18…

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
670 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

The following information is from the Omaha World Herald.

If you're still correcting yourself — CoCo Key, not Holiday Inn — when you talk about the hotel, water park and convention center at 72nd and Grover Streets, stop.

The property becomes Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel and Convention Center today.

“We're excited to be joining the Ramada family,” said Tim Darby, the hotel's general manager.

A multimillion-dollar renovation will upgrade guest rooms, updating bathrooms and adding flat-screen televisions. It also will include updates to the exterior grounds and renovation of all public spaces, most notably the hotel entrance and lobby, Darby said on behalf of Century Cos., the Rapid City, S.D., company that purchased the hotel property in late May.

Darby said adding more suites to the hotel is possible, as is switching from double to queen beds in most rooms. A full-service restaurant also could return to the 72nd Street side of the hotel complex.

Just what is changed between now and spring 2012 will determine the renovation's total price tag, Darby said.

Meantime, he said, all costs at the hotel will remain the same — from room rates to the $15 per day water park pass, good from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. If rates change, it wouldn't be until after all renovations are complete.

The hotel will continue to employ 165 people and the focus of the convention center space will remain corporation and association meetings, weddings and social functions.

Current guests, including the Texas A&M baseball team and more than 160 rooms filled with younger ballplayers in town for the SlumpBuster tournament “will wake up in a new hotel, and they didn't even have to check out,” Darby said.

Beginning today, those passing by on 72nd Street will notice new Ramada Plaza banners over the CoCo Key signs until permanent replacements arrive. Associates will answer the phone with the new name and explain to callers as needed that, yes, this was the CoCo Key, Darby said. A grand reopening event will be held when renovations are completed in the spring.

The Ramada Inn that sits just northwest of the former CoCo Key is in the process of being sold and will not operate under the Ramada banner beginning Tuesday, said General Manager Melissa Ruiz. She said the new brand of that hotel is still being confirmed but it is likely to again operate as a Baymont Inn & Suites.

CoCo Key Water Resort opened in 2007, and the entire property was rebranded a little more than a year ago, Darby said. The Holiday Inn facility operated for nearly 40 years.

The hotel, which currently has 383 rooms, was built in 1965. About $37 million was spent by previous owners to add the 60,000-square-foot water park and complete room upgrades.

Ramada Worldwide is a member of the Wyndham Hotel Group family, which includes Baymont Inn & Suites, Days Inn, Super 8, Travelodge and other brands at more than 900 lodging properties worldwide.

When I called them, they told me you would need to book on line to get the 59.00 rate. This rate doesn't include the CoCo Key. When you check in, you can add $53.50 for 4 wrist bands which are good for 2 days or 16.00 apiece.

Perry, Iowa
Level Contributor
35 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

Thank you both for your information. I wondered why the hotel only had 5 reviews when I thought it had been open for a while. I still don't know if we want to stay here. I think I might go back to one of our "tried and true" hotels.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
670 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

You could use the waterpark and not stay there, just get day passes.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

One of the things that Omaha needs ( among many ) in the area of entertainment is a good waterpark. I have not heard good things about Coco Key. That and the one at Mahoney State park can get pretty crowded and draw a bit of a funky crowd.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
124 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

Here is a link to their new Facebook page: facebook.com/pages/…

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Level Contributor
18 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

There is a Holiday Inn near TD Ameritrade Stadium that has a nice pool and some water slides/water features to play in. It is a pretty new property and in a good location.

8. Re: Ramada CoCo Key Resort Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 05, 2012