We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Omaha

Midwest
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding in Omaha

Our son will be getting married in Omaha next summer. I'm looking for suggestions for a fun site for a rehearsal dinner for 50-60 people and also for hotel accomodations. Any help would be greatly appreciated-thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Nebraska
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Omaha

I'm local to the area. Not sure how familiar you are with Omaha and what is important to you, so I hope something here is useful:

Top choice: Embassy Suites Downtown Old Market

Pro: One of the nicest hotels, well managed, free cocktail hour, free breakfast, airport shuttles, but most important is the location. They are the only hotel that is actually IN the Historic Old Market. Literally, they are across the street. The back of Embassy faces ConAgra Park, where I frequently walk around the lake and feed the ducks.

Con: It is one of the most expensive hotels. I also believe they charge for parking now?

Second choices would be Hilton Omaha (by Qwest Center) or Hampton Inn Downtown. These are both very new properties and very nice. The only con is that they are a short shuttle ride from everything. But if you wanted to save a few bucks, it is 10 minute walk or 3 minute shuttle ride to the Old Market. I think you would be happy with both properties.

If most of your guests are local, you could do LaVista, Nebraska near the Convention Center/Cabellas. Those were built a few years ago and are often cheaper. Makre sure everyone has a car and knows Omaha if you want to head out here, because restaurants and entertainment are not very close.

Rehearsal Dinner Ideas- The size of the group is going to knock out a lot of options.

First and Second Choice Options in Old Market/Downtwon I would say Rick's Boatyard. Seafood restaurant on the river with outdoor seating and Jazz. The shuttle would cover you transportation, which means everyone can relax more. I'm kind of bored with them, but really liked it the first few times I went. Cheaper options would be Upstream Brewery or Spagetti Works. Nothing fancy, but both do a good job for the price.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Old Market
Old Market
2,174 Reviews
Omaha, NE
Hilton Omaha
Hilton Omaha
1,504 Reviews
Omaha, NE
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Omaha

I've been to a rehearsal dinner at the Omaha Press Club

http://www.omahapressclub.org/

22nd floor of one of the tall buildings in downtown Omaha. It's the only "tall building with a restaurant on top" building in Omaha. Good views of downtown, river and Omaha.

I'm guessing it's pretty pricey.

I've also been to a dinner at Lo Sole Mio's party room

http://www.losolemio.com/villa/about.htm

Great Italian, big portions, good service.

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Omaha, Nebraska
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Omaha

I imagine you'll want hotel accommodations close to the wedding reception/church so that may make a difference where you have the prenuptial.

If in west Omaha.... Several Golf course have large party rooms Tiburon, Indian Creek, Shadow Ridge

Downtown.. there are many hotels close to the Old Market.. and a wide variety of restaurants that could accommodate a 30-50 person dinner...

You could also try Creighton U's. Harper Center.. very nice and surprisingly good food

R. Andrews

TimelessTransport

Mentioned in this post
Old Market
Old Market
2,174 Reviews
Omaha, NE
Omaha
Level Contributor
268 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Omaha

All excellent suggestions! If you're going to stay at the La Viista area hotels another fun option might be to have the prenuptual at a closeby vineyard. Soaring Wings Vineyard is in Springfield and offers a party room and/ or outdoor events. I'm not a wine drinker myself, but I've been there for their summer arts show and a concert. It's about 10 miles from the La Vista hotels.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Wedding in Omaha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 05, 2011