We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midnight Sun Car rental

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
279 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Midnight Sun Car rental

Does anyone have any experience renting cars from this business?

Edited: 5:45 pm, March 06, 2014
52 replies to this topic
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

About 8 years ago, a friend used this company and it was fine. You might also look at High Country as they have some good prices as well and, like Midnight Sun, they buy used cars but they are in good condition.

www.highcountryanchorage.com/

My experience with them is more recent (friends have a car from them now) and they are fine.

Hope this helps.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

Thank you for your response!

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

We have now rented from Midnight Sun Car and Van Rental two times and would not rent from any other for our trips to Alaska. The staff have been more than helpful addressing our needs, which have been many for both trips. They even stayed open late, after 1 am, as our flights did not arrive until after the office closed. Impossible to find that kind of device these days!! You could not go wrong renting from this business!!

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,092 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

Harely, thanks for your post and welcome to TA. Those viewing and posting on TA for a longer time are often suspicious of glowing reports from first-time posters. You will add credibility to your post by posting more, by giving a report of your entire trip (not just of the car rental company), etc. Also, I commend you for your ability to find a thread that is two months old and buried deep in the pages of the Alaska forum!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

I travel to Anchorage frequently. On my last trip in 7/14 there were no rental cars available at the airport so I tried Midnight Sun Car Rental. I was very pleased. The price was much better than the rental desks at the airport and no less convenient. It is necessary to take a cab from the airport but cabs are waiting and the cost is only $8.00. Travel time is less than 5 minutes. My car was ready. The staff were friendly and professional. Returning the car was equally convenient. A staff member from Midnight Sun Car rental drove me to the airport in the rental car and dropped me off at the departures door of the airport. It was actually more convenient than renting a car from the airport concessions. I will definitely use them again.

Salisbury, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

Rented from Midnight Sun in July 2014. Choose the company based on reviews here. Have to say the people were friendly, the car was clean, and the whole process was easy. Would definitely rent from them again.

England, United...
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

As a potential car renter in 2015, I would be interested to hear from other posters.

fti's comment about the positive reviews only coming from people who have never posted on this site before - other than kileysmom - is a good one. Is it that people just don't bother to review car rental companies? I'm sure it would be helpful if they did although I must confess I'm guilty of not reviewing Alamo when they provided an excellent service in Canada.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

Pamjo444, my experience with this company is based on repeated rentals from them by friends and family over a period of 7 or 8 years and at different times of year - some companies get sloppy during busy season and some get sloppy when business is slow but this one is consistent and good. If you are coming in the summer, do book early as they get a lot of reservations. No one I know has been asked to write a review so it's not unreasonable to think they aren't asking.

Hope this helps.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,092 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

kileysmom is very active on the TA forums and her experience weighs heavily (in spite of three "one-post-wonders who also commented). I just wonder if people google the car rental company name or what to find this thread that was buried. I just find it hard to believe they just happen to come to TA, happen to find the Alaska forum, happen to find the Midnight Sun thread and think, "I should add my positive review" then join just to post their one review.

Having said that, I would lean on kileysmom information.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Midnight Sun Car rental

Thanks, fti. I totally agree that folks who post one review of anything and don't participate otherwise on TA are suspect for posting a requested review or being a business owner building their own "reputation." I'm glad I can help others by confirming that this is a good car rental place.

Reply to: Midnight Sun Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted