We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

Hi, would like to find out if it's necessary to pre book the bus transport from anchorage to Seward in the month of aug. understand that a few bus lines depart from anchorage museum at 2pm. Can we ( 2 of us) just turn up and hop on the bus? Does the bus generally get filled up quickly?

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

I will answer your question with a question. Why do you want to wait vs. book in advance?

Like with tours, I pre book things I dont want to miss and/or be locked out of. I would hate being turned away and have to spend an extra night in Anchorage when I really wanted to be in Seward.

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

Hi, not sure how long we'll take to get out of airport. I arrive just before 1pm. If I clear customs quickly and manage to get out of airport by 1:30pm, I'll go for Seward bus line which departs at 2pm. Otherwise, will probably take the cab to the museum and get onto the park connection which departs at 3pm. Hertz rental is sold out and railway timings don't really match. Appreciate your advise on the options available. Thx.

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Montgomery, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

Count me as interested as well.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

Personally. I'd just go with the Park connection bus and not try to hustle through and be in a hurry. If your flight is delayed even a bit, you're then going with the other bus anyway.

It's tough for us to say that there'll be room on any given day. August is still the high season, so I personally wouldn't chance it.

5. Re: Need to pre book bus transport from anchorage to Seward?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 03, 2014