We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Trip to Anchorage and Homer

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
July Trip to Anchorage and Homer

I am flying into Anchorage in July, heading to Homer for a week long class the day I fly in. Should I fly to Homer or drive?

Next question: after class is over I have three days to go see something on a pretty limited budget. I would love some ideas. Stay in Homer and sightsee, go to Anchorage and sightsee until I leave a few days later. Go to Denali by bus or train.....

So many ideas and I really need guidance.

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: July Trip to Anchorage and Homer

I am taking a flower essence class and staying for a week at Twin Creeks Trailhead Lodge. We have outdoor hiking, etc during class so I am wondering if I should just head back to Anchorage for my last 2 days and possibly take a tour to Denali or take a day cruise.

Don't really think I need a car in Homer and the rentals are crazy expensive.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: July Trip to Anchorage and Homer

I was not familiar with Twin Creeks Trallhead Lodge so before I opened my mouth I checked it out on the web.

The facility is up on Diamond Ridge and you will need a car. To use a taxi to get to Homer and back will cost you, and for the convience you will want to have some ease of transportation. There are no facillities near you.

As for kayaking that is done across the bay although if out of Homer you should be transported over. We have seen them out there and is pretty calm waters. The only problem I would have is being able to get out once I'm in the thing

13. Re: July Trip to Anchorage and Homer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 24, 2014