We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enquiry the train from Anchorge to Fairbanks

Hong kong
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Enquiry the train from Anchorge to Fairbanks

I want to have a trip to Fairbanks, Alaska in October 2013, I would like to know is there any train runs from Anchorge to Fairbanks in the middle of October? By the way, is it the good season to see the northern light at this period and how about the temperature? Please reply for me if anyone knows. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enquiry the train from Anchorge to Fairbanks

After the middle of September, the train only runs once a week - it leaves Anchorage on Saturday going to Fairbanks - and then it leaves Fairbanks on Sunday, heading back to Anchorage.

It will be winter in Fairbanks in October. Temps in October this year:

accuweather.com/en/…346836

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Enquiry the train from Anchorge to Fairbanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 18, 2013