We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahays Jetboat Tours

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mahays Jetboat Tours

I have family visiting for a couple of weeks in late May, early June and they are interested in the jetboat tours out of Talkeetna. They are not going up to Denali on this trip but wanted to do something north of Anchorage. Anyone have any opinions on these tours? Is it worth the trip up there? Thanks in advance!

Alaska Tour and Travel Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Rail Tours
Planet Earth Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Photography Tours
Ascending Path
Eco Tours, Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahays Jetboat Tours

I did this trip the last time I was in AK.(about 5 years ago.) We went down the river at a leisure pace. We saw some eagles, but that is all the wildlife. We did get out at one point and we took a short walk throught the bush and learned some history about the area. I wouldn't do it again, but it was alright. I guess it depends on what age group is going. Young people would probably find it boring. Hope this helps.

Anchorage
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahays Jetboat Tours

We did this tour last summer with older (70s) inlaws and a 6 year old and everyone loved it. My daughter freaked a little when they powered up the engines but was loving every minute of it. We had one of the few rare shots of a clear Denali. The company and staff were all polite and welcoming. We had taken the train up from Anchorage and they took us where we need to go. BUG SPRAY is a must as the tour takes you to a trapper cabin.

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahays Jetboat Tours

thanks for the input!