Ketchikan: 6:30 AM - 2PM
Juneau: 8AM - 9PM
Skagway: 7AM - 8:30PM
Glacier Bay: 6AM - 3PM
College Fjord: 5:30PM - 8:30PM
During this trip, we'd like to experience all typical alaska stuff. Glacier, dog sled, sea kayak around icebergs (any restriction about the age? the youngest is 10 year old), top 10 scenary road from Seward (or Whittier) to Alasks. Alaska wildlife if we can see more or typical animals that we can not see from Yellowstone, natural scenes that could be more beautiful than Rocky mountain.
My below questions are for the considerations of arranging this trip. Those can be the reference to you as what we are thinking...
1. Is the season that we have booked for Humpback watching? If it is, where is the best place to arrange this during the stops of ports of the cruise?
2. Where should we arrange sea kayak around iceberg, any ports during the cruise or Whittier or Seward?
3. Is Exit Glacier and Portage Glacier worth visiting if we get a chance to visit Mendenhall Glacier?
4. If Exit Glacier and Portage Glacier are not worth visiting, and the sea kayak in Seward isn't funner than arranging during cruise ports, is Seward worth visiting? We are not interested in visiting Sealife center since there is a good one around our home town.
5. I've heard taking train from Anchorange to Seward is more beautiful than driving in a car, but train does not stop, so we can not take pictures from these beautiful places along the way if we take train. So I am thinking about this route:
1). Rent a car from Whittier in the morning after we take off from cruise if Seward is worth visiting. BTW, how to go to Avis to rent a car from Cruise?
2). Drive to Seward and come back to Whittier. Return the rental car
3). Take from Whittier to Anchorage. Will the top 10 scenary route in the country on the way from Whittier to Anchorage? When is the good time to watch those scenary places from the train?
4). Rent a car in Anchorage and drive to Denali park and come back to Anchorage.
5). Drive the car from Anchorage to Girdwood and stop at many places as we want on the way so that we can take many pictures on the way. Is Anchorage to Girdwood the best segment on this top 10 scenary road?
Anything else we should see and try to see or try to do? Keep in mind, we have visited Yellowstone and Canadian Rocky Mountain.