We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Hints Please

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Hints Please

To whom it may concern,

I will be getting married on July 29th and hopefully begining my holiday on July 30th. We have booked a cruise departing from Seward for Vancouver on 5th August.

I am currently looking for suggestions on the best way to get to Seward and what to do for the first week before the cruise.

We are considering either flying into Calgary or Vancouver and making our way to Seward via Anchorage by road or rail thorugh the Rockies. Is this feasible in a week? Would we be better flying to Anchorage and spending some time there instead?

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ciarán Bohane.

P.S. Flying from Shannon Airport, Ireland.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,510 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Hints Please

Good Morning, Bob! Well, there is no rail service btw Canada and Alaska, so that is out and the hiway driving would take an entire week of just solid driving . . . you wouldn't really see much of Alaska - it would mostly be a Canadian holiday. If you really desire to see Alaska, then I would fly in to either Anchorage or Fairbanks and explore as much of the state as your can prior to your departure in Seward.. I am sure others will pop in to w/opinions. Make sure you save at least a day just to explore Seward as well. I hope this helps get you started on a delightful honeymoon. :)

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Hints Please

You'll have the most enjoyable time by flying to Anchorage and spending your few days touring in the area - either north to Denali or even better, south to the Kenai Peninsula and Seward.

Ohio
Level Contributor
103 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Hints Please

Hi Bob:

What are some things you and your fiancee enjoy doing? fishing/hiking/biking? Museums? There are many things to do and see in the Anchoragne/Kenai Peninsula area for a week to keep you really busy. Let us know and we can give you some more ideas.