We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B RV rental

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
B&B RV rental

Hi all,

We recently rented a rv from B&B RV rental in Anchorage. We got an early booking deal and their website shows decent gear. But that is where the decency ends...

We arrived to see the 'late model rv' looked like it had been to hell and back...twice. Only 30000 miles on the clock but the body seemed to have done 10 times that. We asked to change to a better looking one the had sitting in the yard. On the road is turned out it had front brake issues (bad noise right side), swaybar issues (like driving a boat!), generator issues ( like having a harley mounted under the rv) and dodgy flooring.... Their bedding is well below average and we regretted not taking our own. Equipment inside depends on what the previous renter bought themselves we found. After a week we returned it to be offered the initial rv again. We refused and had to wait until the next day for another one to return, a really good one they said. Upon arrival the front tyres were bold and got replaced by 1 new and 1 used tyre ( wasted another 3 hours of our time). On the road it turned out the fridge barely worked and the freezer didn't work at all. There was a gap between the body and cabin blowing in cold air while driving. The front alignment was that bad the new right front tyre blew after 1100 miles! To add to the misery there was no spare nor jack! We had to wait 5 hours for one of there staff to come down and change our tyre ( no road side assist outside Anchorage). Emails dont get answered and complaints waived off. They just can't be bothered. I will not recommend them to anyone, and unless you can't afford the other rental places and like a run down car and taking risks, I wouldn't go there....

Do your homework and enjoy your holiday...

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B RV rental

Until you started your thread, the following thread was on the first page:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k47954…

Sounds like you didn't "do your homework". Cheap lesson if you ask me.

Your sentence sums it all up:

"unless you can't afford the other rental places"

(You get what you pay for.)

Edited: 7:29 pm, September 08, 2011
Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B RV rental

When looking around for a place I found a few good reviews and didn't dig deeper, and paid the price. We lost time and had the hassle, but still had a good time... B&B are quite a bit cheaper, but I would pay the premium price next time...

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B RV rental

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I hope you will file a report with the Better Business Bureau and that you will attempt to file a chargeback with your credit card company. Although these actions take time, they will at least possibly benefit other users that may research this int the future.

Monroe, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B RV rental

It sound like you had the 3006 unit like we did.... Never again.. I laugh when I read all the reviews that I believe Pete puts in himself about how wonderful their experience is... tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60880-i350-k47810… and tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60880-i350-k47809…

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B RV rental

In spite of how many "good" reviews there are of this company there are SO MANY bad ones, bad BBB rating, bad almost everything. If someone did even half-hearted due diligence it would be hard to miss the bad reviews. Sorry that two of you did, but as you dig deeper you see through the fluff.

Warning to others: Bill B mentioned in another thread that he was given (by B&B rental company) phone numbers of people around the country who could be contacted for references. Duh - do you think if I ran such a business that I would give names and phone numbers of unsatisfied past customers? Think about it!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B RV rental

Thanks to all,

We just returned from a great (26) day vacation to your great state. The entire trip was awesome, but the last (15) days that we spent in the RV was the best. It provided us with the opportunity to go anywhere we wanted and stay as long as we wanted. We would like to thank everyone at B&B for being so accommodating. Especially the ride to the airport at 6:00 in the morning. I will not hesitate to recommend B&B to anyone that is planning an Alaskan Vacation. Can't wait to get back up there.

Thanks from all (4) of us,

Bev & Gene

Ann & Jim

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B RV rental

"Just returned..."

Damn... I'll bet it at least had to be a little chilly in that motorhome b/c it's cold in my house here!

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B RV rental

9 more days and it would have died its own peaceful death...now it lives on another year.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B&B RV rental

spacefry...

I feel like "going a little middle schoolish" and resurrecting every old post/thread I can!

:P

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: B&B RV rental

Hmm... A brand new poster... Only 5 posts, all them giving the exact same glowing review of a company that others have flagged as bad.

And bragging about "just returned". I'm curious to know how they liked the extremely cold temperatures we've been enjoy here in Alaska...

Forgive me for being Captain Obvious... but a 5 year old could spot this as a bogus review. A blind 5 year old. A blind 5 year old who has been locked in a closet their whole life. I'm not sure who would do that to a child, but it's probably the same type of people who post fake reviews.