We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Vancouver
Level Contributor
40 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Transportation Group - new management

No, this isn't spam :D

I just thought I'd mention that after my terrible experience with ATG (see my posts in other ATG threads), I finally received a refund and an apology email from them stating that they have changed management and are trying to clean up their track record.

While I can't vouch for their new management, I do think this is a step int the right direction.

Anyone else had an ATG complaint recently addressed?

91. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, August 04, 2013
Edited: 9:05 pm, August 04, 2013
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

geethyat would be aout two gallons of gas + $12 for tunnel then pqrkiig your car. Even hard to do with your own car for $30.

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Has anyone used them recently??

They were really quick in replying to my enquiry so I booked with them for transportation to Whittier from Anchorage on the 24th August.

So I booked online and since then despite emails to them I haven't had confirmation or anything.

Am I wasting my time and should I book a new transfer with another company?

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Has anyone used this company recently and have they got good feedback for them?

I recently made an online enquiry for a transfer from Anchorage to Whittier and Damien was very quick to reply with answers to my questions.

I booked online, and am still waiting for confirmation that my booking as been accepted despite more emails to them.

Am I wasting my time and should I rebook with another company?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Hi, have you read through this thread? Please do so. There are a lot of complaints. I suggest you consider Magic Bus - just search for the here on TA or, of course, Google. I saw their bus in Whittier just two days ago - I didn't know they did Whittier.

Their contact information etc. can be found here

http://www.themagicbus.com/

Hope this helps

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Whatever! I have always suggested booking a transfer with your cruise line and they will be dependable. What ever you see en route to Whittier (or from) you can see from the bus window. We never stop ourselves. But, as often drive to and from Anchorage, see enough anyway. Of course, with the Princess shuttle you can't visit the Wildlife thing at Portage (worthwhile visit of course). Perhaps the shuttles should include this feature?

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Have received confirmation of my booking, so fingers crossed everything will be ok.

midwest
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Two years later and they still haven't improved. Vans are in terrible disrepair and reek of diesel odor. Doors have broken hinges. But, most importantly, Damien is the most unprofessional, rude person to deal with calling customers who had issues 'Walmart shoppers'

I would not use this unprofessional, low-end company under ANY circumstances.

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
17 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

Where is the business page for ATG?

100. Re: Alaska Transportation Group - new management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, January 17, 2014
Edited: 9:05 pm, January 17, 2014