We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

Hollyglen, CA
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

I am looking for a place to stay in Anchorage that has airport shuttle and shuttle to the railway to Seward. We will just be there for the afternoon and leave on the early train the next morning. Family of 3 cruising out of Seward in August. Thanks.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

Have you looked at Comfort Inn Ship Creek?

Hollyglen, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

$200 bucks a night for Comfort Inn Ship Creek. Hoping for something a little more economic but without bed bugs.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

I second Comfort Inn. Very close to the train depot, -walkable. That's an average price for Anc in the summer.

You might want to try priceline or hotwire.

I've stayed alot at Motel 6 in Midtown, which shows an online price special for August for aprox $120. They have an airport shuttle but not to the train depot. Taxi is $15-$20

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
44,864 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

While I am familar with many hotels that offer shuttle to the airport, I guess I don't know or see advertised hotels that offer railroad shuttles. Comfort Inn is suggested as they are close to the train depot, but you could choose any hotel and get a cab - depends on your budget.

I also echo trying hotwire or priceline for a hotel. :)

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

"but without bed bugs."

Nobody can promise you that. Bedbugs are now everywhere, even in the best establishments...all it takes is the patron prior to you bringing some in with his/her luggage, even if the hotel was infection-free before.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

You aren't going to find the perfect hotel and airport shuttles are rare in Anchorage. Downtown, I like the Historic Anchorage Inn and Anchorage Grand Hotel very much and both are really close to the train station....Anchorage Grand is right above the train. You get a full apt at the Grand for the price of a typical hotel. I also like the Copper Whale Inn very much. No matter where you stay downtown, you are just blocks away from the train. Or you can stay out near the airport and get that shuttle you want, but pay for the cab going to the train. Either way, you're gonna pay for a trip downtown one way or another and I just like being downtown for the shops and restaurants. The airport area is pretty spread out and car oriented.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

We have booked the Ramada Downtown in July for the same reason. Their website says: The Ramada Anchorage Downtown offers complimentary shuttle service to/from the Anchorage International Airport and Downtown Railroad Depot,

We got a room for $164 per night.

I have not stayed there yet so I cannot necessarily recommend it but I choose it for the shuttles, location and price.

Good luck!

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

I stayed at the Residence Inn Midtown last summer. They offered free shuttle to the airport and the rail station.

Actually quite a few hotels have airport shuttles, but not nearly as many have a train station shuttle.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

I've stayed at that Ramada in largely for the free shuttle as well. It was March 2010 and it was fine. It's not luxurious, but it was clean with a better than average complimentary breakfast (more than "just" pastries and juice/coffee).

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel w/ shuttle from airport and to railway

We're booked into the Rodeway Voyager Inn which is downtown and includes the shuttle. Good TA reviews. Has anyone stayed there recently?