We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

My family of 4 will be flying to Anchorage and driving to Denali to hike for a week. Then we will head back to Seward and take a cruise for one week. We will need dramatically different clothing for these 2 weeks. Is there somewhere at the Anchorage Airport where we can store our cruise luggage while we are hiking?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,787 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

Well, I am not certain why you need dramatically different clothing - the essential way to dress in Alaska is in layers, which would work for both Denali and your cruise.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are storage facilities at any airports any longer since 9/11. Hopefully, someone who frequents there will let you know. :)

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,748 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

I used different suitcases when I combined a Denali trip and a cruise but that was because I brought all my camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, camp stove, pots & pans, etc). If you are staying in lodging at Denali you really probably only have your cruise dinner clothes that you won't need in Denali.

In any case, there is storage at the airport. But it is not cheap and it is not 24 hours.

…state.ak.us/anc/…passengerSrvcs.shtml

That is great you are spending so much time at Denali. You will really benefit from Ike Waits' booking about hiking, photography and camping in Denali.

Be sure you are aware of the ticket whereby if you buy 2 days, you get a 3rd day free on the shuttle bus. You can only call for this, you can not get it online. Be sure to book your shuttle buses in advance. Or if you stay at Tek campground, buy the Tek pass (a GREAT deal at +-$40 for the shuttle buses for your entire stay).

Note if you are doing backcountry hiking/camping you need to read up on that on the www.nps.gov/dena site.

John

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

Baggage and Freezer Storage Service

(a) South Terminal - Open 5:00 AM - 2:00 AM

Baggage and freezer storage is available at the Airport in the South (Domestic) Terminal on the Lower Level next to Visitor Information. Services are provided in the North (International) Terminal seasonally. Use the free airport shuttle that operates every 15 minutes between terminals. Charges are $5 to $7 per bag, per day depending on size. Fish boxes, etc. are charged $12 to $15 per box, per day depending on size. There is no time limit as to length items may be stored. Passenger must have airline ticket in order to use this service. Address: Huntleigh USA, 3801 W. 43rd Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99517. Tel: (907) 248-0373

(b) North Terminal -

Baggage storage is available at the Airport in the North (International) Terminal across from Continental Airlines ticket counter. Hours of operation are Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday from 10am to 10pm and every other Wednesday (starting June 11, 2008) from 10am to 10pm. Rates are $5.00 to $7.00 depending on size of bag, per day. No cold storage is available in the North Terminal. Passenger must have airline ticket in order to use this service. Address: Bags, Inc.; tel.: (907) 248-0373

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

Thanks so much for the suggestions, didn't know about the buy 2 get one discount on the shuttles!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

Thank you very much for such a complete response!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

Hi dlmerril, I do use the Baggage and Freezer Storage Services in the ANC date back to 2007 before me and my wife head to Katmai for 4 days. The service is good and safety is not the concern at all. YES what they charge is per bag per day so kind of pricey but it's the best choice if you can not carry all your baggage... hope that help...

Ryan

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,748 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

If you spend a night at a hotel in Anchorage before or after your trip to Denali, contact the hotel to see if they will store luggage for you. I know Extended Stay downtown stored luggage for me when I was in Katmai for several days. No charge since I stayed there before I left.

John

8. Re: Anchorage Airport Storage lockers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, November 12, 2009