We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
89 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Hello! My 12 year old heard about a place in Anchorage where they have the world's largest chocolate waterfall and thought it was called Wildberry something. Anyone know anything? Is it anywhere within cabbing distance of the Captain Cook? It is not my kind of thing, but I am not 12!! Thanks!

Level Contributor
595 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

http://alaskawildberryproducts.com/

This is the store you want.

alaska
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Alaska wild berry co. A cab might cost $20-25 each way, it is a cool store/gift shop. Samples SOurdough MIning Co.(restaurant) is a cross the parkinglot its awesome. great corn fritters, thought of renting a car for the day????HOw long are you in anc?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,298 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Sourdough Mining Co. restaurant runs a shuttle from downtown - I've seen it stop at the Cook from my office window. Just enquire at the hotel.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Alaska Wild Berry Products is the home of the world���s largest Chocolate Waterfall. The falls contain 3,400 pounds of melted chocolate that cascade from 20 feet in the air. 340 blocks of chocolate each weighing 10 pounds were melted down in order to create the falls. http://www.alaskawildberryproducts.com/

If you happen to be a geocacher, this is a virtual in Anchorage.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Hahah guess I had this window open a while before getting to it to answer it.

Anchorage, Alaska
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Personally I wouldnt cab to it. You will spend WAY more money on the cab then it is worth. It is fun but only in a neat gift shop kind of way. It is certainly worth a trip if you have a rental but not really worth the $40-$50 in cab rides. If there is a free shuttle then that might be a fun thing to go see. The post above is right that there are a few GREAT places to eat right around there. Across the main street is a great, fun, burger place called Arctic Roadrunner. To die for burgers and milk shakes but beware they only take cash. No credit cards or checks. :)

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! From the candy tour to the oodles of free samples of chocolate wildberry products and flavored popcorn to going inside the reindeer pen and petting the reindeer (caribou)...Alaska Wildberry is a place you would not want to miss!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

We went there, it was okay, the waterfall is neat, but not all that. Maybe your daughter will think so though. Also if you want to go in to pet the reindeer you have to pay. But it was a nice gift shop and we picked up a few things there. I would never pay 30 or more for a cab ride just to go there. But that's just me....maybe it is important enough for your daughter. Hopefully you can catch a shuttle from the hotel. Enjoy

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
89 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wildberry place in Anchorage??

Thanks all! We will be in Anchorage only for an evening so the restaurant shuttle might be just the thing!