We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Woodbury, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Hello- I am planning to be in Anchorage next week in which I will have the afternoon on Sunday and all day Monday to sight see. I plan to drive from Anchorage to Seward on Monday morning and enjoy the scenery. I will get to Seward at 10am to take the Kenai Fjords Tour at 11am.

So I have 1/2 day remaining on Sunday. Can someone recommend something for 1/2 day on a Sunday afternoon? Any good spots to eat on the water, tours, hikes, drives, etc?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Kenai
Kenai
Alaska
5 replies to this topic
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Will you have done anything else while in AK?

Are you ending/starting a cruise? Or perhaps you've some free time after being up here for work?

Woodbury, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Yes I will be there for work. Flying in mid day Sunday and meetings start Tuesday morning.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Do look at the Kenai.

Many interesting towns and activities.

We have several very positive experiences with the Kenai Fjords Tour, and recommend. The Kenai Fjords Tour is a weather related event, and Seward offers a host of activities.

Edited: 9:39 am, September 19, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Kenai
Kenai
Alaska
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Half a day - you could head up to Flat Top Mountain and hike. Drive down the Turnagain Arm to (you'll be going that way again on Monday, but too early to stop at) the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and then over to Girdwood - take the tram or do a hike.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
Alaska Wildlife...
2,691 Reviews
Girdwood, AK
Girdwood
Girdwood
Anchorage, AK
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 1/2 Days in Anchorage

Why not drive to Seward on Sunday afternoon? That way you'll have lots of time for scenic stops (it's an incredibly gorgeous drive), possibly Wildlife Conservation Center (1 hr. south of Anchorage, closes 7 pm with last car in at 6).

Next morning you'll be up early, so maybe prior to the cruise do a hike such as Exit Glacier lower trail to the overlook of the glacier, or Tonsina Creek:

https:/…CP_JUMP_1411093

http://thetrekplanner.com/tonsina-beach-hike/

Here are stats on daylight for Sept. 25: Twi: 7:07am, Sunrise: 7:49am, Sunset: 7:50pm, Twi: 8:32pm.

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
Alaska Wildlife...
2,691 Reviews
Girdwood, AK
Reply to: 1 1/2 Days in Anchorage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted