We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental in may

chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
rental in may

I have been to Languedoc, but never to Marseillan. Would it be a good place to stay for 3 weeks?

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental in may

May might be a little cold to spend your days at the beach. Are you planning to rent a car?

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental in may

Check out google street view to see Marseillan.

Marseillan Ville is a village built around a small historic port, now a marina. It is picturesque with shops and restaurants in the narrow streets.

Marseillan Plage, 3km away, is a purpose built 70's beach resort.

Marseillan would make a good centre for exploring Languedoc, Roussillon, Camargue, and West Provence with a car. Without a car, it would run out of excitement well before three weeks had passed.

the-languedoc-page.com/photos/languedoc-phot…

Peter

Edited: 3:16 am, November 30, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Marseillan Plage
Marseillan Plage
Marseillan, France
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
30,907 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental in may

It would be a good base for exploring the Languedoc. I have noticed for- and after seaon (like May and September) tends to turn these coastal towns into a Geriatrics-on-Sea. Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental in may

Three weeks in May would be good in Marseillan - it will have well and truly awoken after the winter! Check out www.marseillanvillage.com for a good selection of houses and apartments. The beach will be good for walks if not for swimming and there is plenty to see and do in the area.

Marseillan also has a large number of restaurants either on the port or around the centre so you don't have to drive out at night.

I would definitely recommend a car though.

chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rental in may

I will be renting a car-any thoughts between Marseillan and Uzes?

Thanks.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
30,907 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rental in may

It really depends on what you are looking for and what you plan to explore. Uzes is inland, Marseillan is coastal. Marseillan is conveniently located for exploring both east and west Languedoc and also Roussillion and the north part of Catalunya, Spain. And also for exploring the inland including the Cathar castles. Uzes is convenient for exploring eastern Languedoc and western Provence, Camargue etc.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rental in may

Uzes is much bigger, with more facilities.

Also as an active inland market own, it has less reliance on seasonal visitors.

Peter

chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rental in may

Need help with Rentals"

the 3 house I am looking at are:

Lou Cantovent

Le Jardin Secret

Beau Regarde

Does anyone know anything about these? 2 are from Marseillan-village.com, which seems really great, and the other is its own site.

thanks.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rental in may

Beau Regarde and Le Jardin Secret are both on narrow streets and have the potential to be noisy, particularly Le Jardin Secret since it is a busy thoroughfare. Lou Cantovent is a corner property and although there is also through traffic ithe roads are wider.

Can't comment on the interiors but if you contact Marseillan Village I'm sure they would be able to advise you. You should also ask them about potential noise levels.

chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rental in may

Thanks so mch-really so helpful

Get answers to your questions about Marseillan
More Marseillan Topics