We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling the west coast

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
89 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling the west coast

I am coming to Seattle in January and am planning on heading down the coast and am looking for some trip advice.

I am a lone female and have a limited budget but no time constraints.

There are a few places i would like to see but at this time am interested in traveller's tips.

thank

Level Contributor
108 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling the west coast

Hi. If you are coming to Seattle in January, a really cool drive from Seattle (albeit a longish one) is to drive down Highway 1 from Olympia towards Oregon. It is beautiful out by the coast and it offers small towns to stop and visit. As you get down towrds the southern end, you will find cranberry bogs and shops have all kinds of cranberry merchandise. If you choose to go into Oregon, the drive is also nice all the way through to California. Make sure to stop off and visit the lighthouses along the way. This tour is not filled with wild nightlife. It is more of a zen tourist excursion. Make sure to pack lots of warm,dry clothes. If it is rainy in Seattle, it will be windy and rainy on the coast.

You could also choose to drive north from Seattle. My family and I live in a small town about an hour north of Seattle and our area is beautiful In April we host a Tulip Festival with millions of flowers. Gorgeous. We are also close the Anacortes which is the gateway to the San Juan Island. The Island offer a great get away with many different itineraries. If you want to be pampered there are several nice hotels with spa services or you could go total hippy and stay in a place like Doe Bay on Orcas Island. All very nice choices.

What ever you decide, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,670 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling the west coast

I do this all the time as I'm a tour guide locally but also lead tour down the west coast. If you are not driving you may consider taking Amtrak as they allow stop overs enroute.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
89 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling the west coast

Thanks for the input guys. I can't wait to get there!