We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama Hotel

spokane
4 posts
Save Topic
Panama Hotel

Has anyone stayed in the Panama Hotel recently? Besides the shared bathroom (which doesnt bother me), no phone or tv, older style hotel and parking....is the hotel ok to stay in? Those are materialistic things...for one night i wont need them. I want to know if I will be safe or if there is any other problems with the hotel.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,163 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama Hotel

I drive by there a lot. I didn't think it was really a "Hotel". More of a residence of pensioners and stuff like that. There was a whole story about the lady that bought it and renovated it. It looks fine from outside, but I guess it depends on what you are using it for. If there is some reason you specifically want to stay in that area. Its on the fringe of Pioneer Square and in the International district, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about walking around there, but there will be the usual asst or drunks, panhandlers and that type of thing, but they are normally about three blocks away

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,163 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama Hotel

I drive by there a lot. I didn't think it was really a "Hotel". More of a residence of pensioners and stuff like that. There was a whole story about the lady that bought it and renovated it. It looks fine from outside, but I guess it depends on what you are using it for. If there is some reason you specifically want to stay in that area. Its on the fringe of Pioneer Square and in the International district, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about walking around there, but there will be the usual asst or drunks, panhandlers and that type of thing, but they are normally about three blocks away

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,163 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama Hotel

spokane
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama Hotel

I am staying there for one night so I can go to the Seahawks game. I wanted something cheap and close.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,163 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama Hotel

for that I'm sure its fine. There is a shortcut to the stadium if you walk down 4th you will see an elevator and stairs down. That will bring you to the parking lot of the train station so you will be quite close.

6. Re: Panama Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 24, 2009