We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel convenient for Seattle station

St Albans...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel convenient for Seattle station

I am seeking advice and recommendations on a hotel/s on May 22 for a one night stay in Seattle which would be convenient for getting to the King Street Station (Amtrak).

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel convenient for Seattle station

any hotel in downtown seattle is a quick cab ride to the king st station. The buses downtown are also free and they would stop within a block of Amtrak. If you want to walk then there is a Best Western in Pioneer Sq that is a block or so away. If you let me know where you are considering I can give you an idea of how far away it is.

St Albans...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel convenient for Seattle station

Thank you davidqmq for your suggestion. We are merely transitting Seattle arriving by bus from Vancouver in the afternoon.

We therefore only have the evening to see the downtown attractions as we have a morning departure on Amtrak but we would wish to usefully use every possible minute walking around the downtown area. Are there city bus tours which would enable us to see much more.

Is the Best Western also convenient for downtown sight-seeing or do you recommend an alternative hotel/hotels to fit in with our travel plans

I would be grateful for any tips

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel convenient for Seattle station

If you stay at the Best Western its very convenient to the waterfront and the historic area. There are panhandlers but nothing too bad. Buses are very convenient and you can get to the space needle easy by bus or from the monorail from 5th and pine. An evening won't give you a lot of time so I think just exploring the waterfront and up to the market will give you a good quick view of downtown. Grayline does a trolley tour where you can get off and on, but don't think I would do it if you only have a few hrs to spend. Any hotel would be ok downtown as long as you'd be willing to take a cab. When will you come in and when do you leave? That would make a little bit of a difference.