We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner reservations for this weekend

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
524 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner reservations for this weekend

Hi!

We are staying in the University area at Silvercloud Inn & Suites (DH has a conference) and we are looking for a lovely places to go to dinner. We won't have a car. Price doesn't really matter, we like fine dining and farm to table, French, Italian, probably not too much haute cuisine, but more quality local food...bonus for Seafood.

I know I'm planning late. Also, we are coming back in October, so I'll reuse your recommendations

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

You could do worse than Ivar's Salmon House. It's right on Lake Union. Lovely setting, well prepared seafood.

www.ivars.com/locations/salmon-house

Another good option would be Serafina. (Italian.)

serafinaseattle.com

You'd need to cab it to both places.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
524 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

Thanks, I reserved Ivar's. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

The University Village area is not the part of town that's going to have the most of what you listed. You're next to an outdoor mall, which has middle of the road restaurants. .Din Tai Fung would be the bright spot, but you didn't ask for dumplings. Then up the hill you have the U district, with lots of cheap ethnic food.

So, if you want farm to table, French, etc, you're going to have to cab it. Tilth in Wallingford is a not too distant option. Capitol Hill is not a bad cab ride, and there are good options there--Cafe Presse for French, Lark, Anchovies and Olives, Spinasse, Terra Plata..., Ballard is not too far--Bastille would be a great option, Walrus and the Carpenter for oysters and more, Chippy's for seafood, Staple and Fancy..all great options.

Check out this guide for more info on some of the above: seattlemag.com/article/complete-list-top-res…

Based on what you want I would NOT recommend Ivar's.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

Based on your request, I too, agree with Christy, and won't necessarily recommend Ivar's. I enjoy eating at Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union, for many reasons, particularly on the outdoor patio, but it's a long-time Seattle seafood chain, and hardly fits the farm-to-table description.

The Silver Cloud is close to University Village. In that area, there are several restaurants I enjoy, but you might consider, Liam's. That would be my choice for an easy dinner, no cab needed, and outdoor dining. It's owned and run by Kurt Dammeier. Kurt developed Beecher's Cheese, in the Pike Place Market, and his restaurants all feature wonderful cheeses, and of course, local, Northwest products and dishes. His cookbook, Pure Flavor, is one of my favorites. Here is some info on Sugar Mountain, Kurt Dammeier's company, as well as Liam's.

http://www.sugarmtn.net

http://www.liamsbistro.com

Mamma Melina is just across the street from the Silver Cloud. It's decent, and might work for this trip. They also have outdoor seating. http://www.mammamelina.com

Otherwise, as Christy suggested, if you would like to take a cab, there are plenty of options.

Level Contributor
34,739 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

We really enjoy the Pink Door for a nice dinner. It is on Post Alley by the market. :).

Edited: 12:46 pm, July 30, 2014
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

This is our neighborhood and I wouldn't especially recommend Ivar's. it's okay but not what I think the OP is looking for.

Have a look at Pair - www.pairseattle.com - which sounds like it might be more to your liking. 10 min uphill walk from your hotel (downhill back.). Nice place.

Edited: 1:31 pm, July 30, 2014
Seattle
Level Contributor
42,181 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

I don't recommend Ivars. It's nothing like what you describe wanting.

I'm sorry I don't have a great suggestion because that U-Village neighborhood is not exactly central so with no car a bit limited.

How about a taxi to Aqua Verde, it's a unique-Seattle kind of place (Mexican and on the river). Or I like the Serafina suggestion, lovely place, ask for a table on the little patio.

Or bus or taxi up to Capitol Hill and there are dozens of truly excellent restaurants to choose from there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
669 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

I was going to recommend Pair, but it looks like I got beat to the punch. I've eaten here twice, and both times the meal was memorable. Walking distance from your hotel and interesting food.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

You'd need to take a taxi, but to get your seafood fix either Shuckers at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel or Etta's Seafood near the Pike Place Market would be quite enjoyable for you, I'm sure. Etta's is one of Seattle super chef Tom Douglas' local outposts -- the best of which (IMHO) is Dahlia Lounge on 4th Avenue downtown. It's fine dining, but not at all fussy and really showcases the best cuisine the Pacific Northwest has to offer -- including excellent seafood.

Edited: 5:08 pm, July 30, 2014
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner reservations for this weekend

Ok, ok! I get it, Ivar's is not farm to table. But the OP also said "...bonus for Seafood."

So I will stand by my recommendation for the Salmon House. They do a really nice job with seafood!

OP also said " lovely places to go to dinner". And the views and atmosphere at the Salmon House are indeed lovely.

To our OP, please do let us know how it goes!!