We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Hello! I am looking for recommendations for a budget hotel near Lake Union for an upcoming Seattle visit. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Near Lake Union you have few choices. Let me eliminate two: Eastlake Inn (read the TA reviews to find out...I don't think I've ever seen an average 1 star rating on TA), Hillside Motel (not a "motel" per se but a lower rent "residence motel"). That leaves you with five plausible choices (Silver Cloud, The Sheraton, The Maxwell, the Residence Inn and the Courtyard). Of these 5 the Sliver Cloud typically has the lowest rates, although you might get a deal elsewhere on Priceline.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d123022-…

-K

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Thank you!

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Why Lake Union? Do you have a car? We stayed at the Silver Cloud at Lake Union (there are several SC's) in June, and, due to events taking place in Seattle, the only room we could get was $270 for a two Queen room with a view (cheaper rooms were taken, and other hotels were more expensive). Why not downtown, where you'd have more choices?

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Yes, I have a car. I looked at downtown but most hotel prices were even expensive in the downtown area.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

If you have a car, why not look at Lower Queen Anne? It's just a couple of miles north of downtown and has some great budget options. I like "Inn at Queen Anne" very much and have stayed there often. The Mediterranean Inn is also quite good. Both have some parking options. The neighborhood has lots of budget eateries and transport links to downtown.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

Also check out the Watertown and University Inn in the University area. Both are part of the Pineapple Hospitality group that runs the Maxwell. They offer parking, and also a shuttle to downtown attractions, which is nice for their location beyond downtown.

7. Re: Budget Hotel near Lake Union

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 01, 2015