We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

I forgot my carry-on at Reykjavik airport when connecting to my flight. Getting it shipped to Seattle where I live is going to cost arm and a leg (it's ~20 lbs).

If you have a stop in Reykjavik, are heading to Seattle and would consider doing a HUGE service, please let me know. Happy to pay you a reasonable amount for such a kind gesture.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Isn't that illegal?

Good luck, though.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
2. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

First question they ask at Customs: "Are you carrying any baggage for another person?"

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,655 posts
1,027 reviews
3. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Although we're sure you are a fine upstanding citizen, yes it is illegal in this day and age. Call UPS or FedEx. Compared to your trip there, the cost will be negligible.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Yep, I concluded that myself after posting. UPS wanted $1500 for the shipment and I didnt even bother with fedex. Thanks to Iceland Postal Service, I got it shipped for $200....whether it makes it to me or not, I guess we will see.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
482 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

I think you'll be ok with the Icelandic postal service. My son left a pair of very expensive sunglasses behind after a whale watching tour. Weeks later the company (Elding) found them, wrapped them in bubblewrap and posted them back to the UK (all without charge) - and a week or so later they turned up safe and intact!

6. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 28, 2015