We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some direction

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Need some direction

My husband and I are looking to make a trip to Seattle in the beginning of June of this year.

I am looking to stay approximately 6 night 7 days.

I do not have a budget at this point, however I am open.

Here is what we like to do:

We love nature, food, culture, and history.

I have been reading through a lot of these posts and there is so much to do.

Areas that pique me are of course Seattle, Mt. Rainier National Park, Vancouver, Victoria, and even San Juan Islands, however I know I will not be able to fit everything in there with the allotted time we have.

Any suggestions for a good combo to do? Like Seattle/Mt. Rainier etc?

I am willing to rent a car to travel to places as need be.

We will be flying into Seattle and out of Seattle.

Any ideas would be awesome. I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed with so many options.

Thanks for all the help!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some direction

First you need to decide how many nights you want to spend in Seattle. that will give all of us a better idea of what else to do. Rainier will still have snow at higher elevations, but the roads should be clear of it. It can be done as a long daytrip from Seattle. You want to watch the weather forcast, as it can get socked in with clouds in June. The Mountain kind of creats its on weather.

The San Juans are much drier, and I think a great experience for a first time visitor. The ferry ride from Anacortes to say Friday Harbor on San Juan Island is a unique Northwest experience. I would consider two nights there.

June is a transition month here, so it can be wet and grey. Also have a look at Lake Quinault. This is in the wettest part of the State, but the rainforests are at their best in June, which is the only reason I am suggesting you give it some consideration. Google Quinault Rainforest and have a look. If the possibility of rain will ruin your visit there opt for the San Juans. Two totally different experiences.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,499 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some direction

I think you have some options but it sort of helps to tailor things to what you like. I think two full days of Seattle would give you a good flavor for the city. Follow one day itinerary without a car on top right to get an overview. Very easy to add another day of activities

take an all day tour to Mt. Rainier

toursnorthwest.com

evergreenescapes.com

customizedtours.net

Take clipper to either San Juan Island and or to Victoria

clippervacations.com

spend the nite in Victoria,

visit vancovuer for two nites and return on Amtrak.com

That would give you 3 nites Seattle, one Victoria and two in Vancovuer assuming you can fly out that last day in the late afternoon.

This would work out well. Look at the suggestions and I can modify it if you like. Victoria is very cute but a long travel day so its better to do it as an overnite vs a long day trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some direction

Doing a one week, three city loop Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver is quite easy, but it does miss out some of the other natural attractions of the PNW, so its a bit of an either/or proposition. As noted, June is transition time for weather and can still be wet and cool, which is fine if you are prepared for that. The rain forests are indeed very beautiful in the rain and worth seeing.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some direction

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the ideas. I have a lot to think about and to look through.

Everyone has been very helpful!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some direction

You're right in thinking you can't do everything on your list in only 6 days. For me I might just do Seattle and the San Juan Islands. Or even Seattle and Whidbey Island only.

How bad do you want to see Vancouver and Victoria?

suze

6. Re: Need some direction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 07, 2015