We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee to try

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coffee to try

I love , love coffee. We have the usual Starbucks and Peet's here in San Francisco.

Is there any ' must try ' coffee and something that we can only buy in Seattle for me to buy and bring back? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee to try

There have been several threads about coffee in Seattle, so do a search. Two of my favorite places to buy coffee are Victrola on Capital Hill and Trabant, which has two locations, one of which is near Pioneer Square. Both of these coffee shops feature beautifully chosen selections of beans from around the world, including Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, and Ethiopia. The selections vary according to season and availability.

Mentioned in this post
Pioneer Square
Pioneer Square
550 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
2,320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee to try

I really enjoy Stumptown coffee. There are two shops in Seattle: 1115 12th Ave. and 616 E Pine, both on Capitol Hill. But this coffee is also available at Stumptown shops in Portland, where it originated, and at a few locations in NYC and L.A. Caffe Lado has about 14 Seattle-area coffee bars (check for locations on-line) and is a favorite with my friends who visit me during my six-month annual stays in Seattle.

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
146 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,765 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee to try

Luckily, you could spend weeks here and not visit all of the independent coffee shops!

Here's a helpful list put together by member klsalas: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i35498-Seattle_…

A few I enjoy are Broadcast Coffee, Victrola and Bauhaus (now open again) all close to I-5 on lower Capitol Hill.

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
146 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee to try

How timely, Seattle Eater just updated their "Where to drink coffee right now" list for Seattle.

…eater.com/archives/2014/02/06/where-to-drin…

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee to try

So many choices to try. I am sure I will enjoy it . Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
955 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee to try

Milstead is the place to try right now. Stumptown is good as well, as is Victrola.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coffee to try

No visits to the famous "pick-your-own" coffee plantations of King County?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coffee to try

Just a heads up on the Eater list (and the same applies to my triplist): the selections are all over town.

Most places around town align with one of Seattle's nearly 20 roasters though so you can find coffee from local roasters almost anywhere.

In the downtown core Downtown you could hit cafes run by roasters Fonte and Ladro. For a piece of Seattle history there is the oldest Starbucks store in Pike Place Market and Monorail espresso near Westlake Center.

You can try roasters Umbria and Vita at their locations in Pioneer Square. Trabant is a quality multiroaster cafe. They feature locally roasted beans by Kuma and also beans from a rotating guest roaster. I like the atmosphere of Zeitgeist but to the best of my recollection they serve Illy coffee.

At Seattle Center there are locations for local roasters Vita and Ladro.

In South Lake Union there are Herkimer, Zoka and Vivace.

Capitol Hill has Stumptown, Vita, Victrola, Vivace and several great non-roaster coffee shops like Analog, Tougo and Porchlight ... and Broadcast which I have not tried.

Uptowns are also all around downtown. They use Fonte coffee. An interesting fact is that the chain is now owned by the great grandson of the owner of Seattle's historic Seattle Tea and Coffee.

Mentioned in this post
Westlake Center
Westlake Center
132 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
Pioneer Square
Pioneer Square
550 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist
113 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,279 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
146 Reviews
Seattle, WA
california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Coffee to try

Thanks a lot for the detail feedback Kisalas! I really appreciate it

10. Re: Coffee to try

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 15, 2015