We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle and Portland

Walnut, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Seattle and Portland

My friends and I (mid-20's) are taking a trip to NW United States. We're wondering if we should fly into Seattle first, spend Wed-Fri there and save Portland for Sat-Mon or vice versa? I guess I'm asking for suggestions: should we save Seattle or Portland on the weekend?

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,428 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle and Portland

Are you getting out of the cities at all to see the glorious sights that surround these lovely cities? That will way in on your plans if you re exploring the area. Both cities have a good music scene, but we know nothing about what you want to see and do.

Walnut, California
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle and Portland

We would love to split the time between exploring the city and hitting some spots for sights! Exploring the city will probably be our main focus. If our schedule does not permit enough time to do both, on the drive up/down, if there are some highly recommended sight stops, we would love to include it into our trip.

Seattle, Washington
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle and Portland

Also, when are you planning on doing this? Weather should help dictate what type of outdoor activities/events might be happening in each respective city.

4. Re: Seattle and Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 07, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor