We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston
12 posts
Save Topic
places to stay

Do you have any suggestions for cool reasoably priced places to stay that are clean and comfortable and in a good area.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,989 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay

Price range? Will you have a car?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay

liveinlite: If you click on "Seattle Hotels" (above left) you can search by neighborhood and price.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay

We have just been out to Seattle and stayed on a houseboat. Cool - and reasonably priced! I tried to put a review about it on TripAdvisor but it was refused because the houseboats are a private venture and TripAdvisor suggested I used the forum instead. So I will repost what I wrote here:

Houseboats are a big part of Seattle life on Lake Union and there is a company that hires them out - Seattle Houseboat Rentals. They're not floating homes (as in Sleepless in Seattle) and more boat than house but nowhere will you get a more awesome panoramic view - lake, boats, seaplanes taking off and landing, Downtown, Gasworks hill - fantastic!

Seeview is right on the lakeside (some of the houseboats are, some aren't) and had two decks, including one which was covered - which was great in the heatwave! The interior, although it had some updating, was quite 80s - but there was all the facilities for cooking (including outdoor) and a comfortable stay. The double bed actually looks out onto Lake Union and the sun rises on that side of the boat - the only time we've woken up getting a suntan!!

There is also free use of a double kayak - we went out twice and it felt very safe - and a motorised dinghy. The nearest supermarket is in Fremont, about a 20 minute walk away - PCC natural market, expensive but quality - but there is a deli just on the main street too. Worth mentioning too an amazing shop in Fremont called Dusty Strings where they make their own dulcimers and harps.

Definitely recommended for a very special Seattle experience!

Hope this is helpful!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay

I stayed at the Moore Hotel (1926 2nd Avenue) in June and loved it. I had a large single room with private bath for $65 a night. The hotel was built in the early 1900's and retains some cool antique features. Granted, there are no amenities such as a pool or gym, but it is clean, comfortable, has a friendly, helpful staff, and couldn't be more conveniently located, just two blocks from Pike Place Market and within walking distance of most tourist attractions. And the price can't be beat! Plus, the Metro bus to and from Seatac Airport is just two blocks away, as well as a major shopping area. The one drawback is that if you have a car, parking is difficult.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,989 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to stay

calypso,

Excellent! That's good to hear. The Moore Hotel is about the only budget option in a central downtown location. But I thought (as a seattle-ite) it looked kinda scary from the exterior. So it's really great to hear your positive review. Thanks, suze